Monday, January 9, 2017

Back with a BANG

Hi Blog
I'm sorry I neglected you for so long
But what can I say? I was being such a cliche
Getting sentimental which exponentially builds up resentment cos eventually it just gets in the way
But something had to give and now I think its given cos I feel my blood pumping hard reminding me to live in
The best way I know how
Test me come on now
Made a few adjustments now I'm spoiling for a throwdown
My head is in the clouds but my eye's on the horizon
I speak a little louder and think a little wiser
This kind of growing feeling
Its a little scary but not as scary as the thought of it being temporary I wanna do what I can with the gifts that I have make it clear that I'm glad to be built as I am if you kind of agree with
This philosophy then join me
Happy Twenty Seventeen

That's a rap
It's not that clear how it works rhythmically
But it does I promise, I've been doing it on the train all the home from

HANDSTAND CLASS

Which is a new thing I did today. I want to do new things and I don't want to be discouraged when others around me don't want to do those things. That's a fix from last year. I don't make New Year's resolutions but I keep an eye on how I'm doing and I try to fix stuff. But all year long. But this check in has coincided with the change in calendar year so.

So I went to handstand class and after just one learned a lot and I feel super strong and stretchy. I did like six different valuable life tasks today so its been a high energy day. Audition season kicks off for me tomorrow. I had a great time at the weekend with my pal Jacob watching our friend Charles in a great new puppet musical about America's relationship with China  (think inanimate objects coming to life to jubilantly sing and dance that they are all 'Made In China' - a plunger, a phone, a handgun - satire and pathos in equal measure).
I'm VEEERY excited about a certain meet up I had with one Kendra Slack last week re: a new project. I don't want to go too much into it yet cos it is in its infancy BUT I was asked how I feel about some new hair colours. The answer, if there was any doubt, is very good. I feel very good about those.

I also wrote like three raps since Friday
..I've been listening to a lot of Kate Tempest, she's a genius. And a lot of Elbow. Both lyric heavy artists. Go figure.

It's sub-zero and snow is on the ground, which makes it time for hot chocolate now that I'm back in my cosy house. May this surge of superpower continue! Who knew that being upside down for an hour and a half could give you such a high

Well...I suppose we did know that actually. Still! Peeeaaacexxx

No comments:

Post a Comment