Thursday, July 7, 2016

Red Hook

I know, my postings are intermittent - I'll reiterate that my laptop is a little beaten up these days and the main problem is the function of the keyboard. Poorly functioning keyboard = no typing = less blogging (using my phone right now but it's only effective for shorter posts).
With that in mind, I'm going to be a little out of chronological order - the many wonderful events and experienced of most of June will be detailed here at the weekend when I will be able to borrow a slicker laptop. For today, here's my current situation and whereabouts:
I'm dog and cat-sitting for Sam and Val while they're on holidays in California for three weeks, so I'm staying in their Brooklyn neighbourhood Red Hook. It's a weird but nice 'hood, characterised by converted industrial spaces, empty lots, bus depots and waterfront-based business. I have yet to try any of the local cafes or bars but there are several on my list.
Mostly though I'm here for the aminals and I'm also getting a little time to myself to shake of the plague that struck me down HARD over the weekend - it was building in me for a couple of weeks and I absolutely crashed last Saturday, high temperature and everything that comes with it. It was rubbish. So I'm still shaking off the remnants of a nasty cough and some congestion headaches but it's fading.

I'm also happy to report that I'm back to dance classes - went to ballet yesterday and will again tomorrow, it's much needed and it feels great.

One of the best things about spending three weeks in Red Hook - not super close to any subways - is the chance to ride my bike every day to and from the train and other parts of Brooklyn (like my house).

Also there is this rather nice view that I found walking Bobby just now

No comments:

Post a Comment