Thursday, April 21, 2016

Improv and improve

Here is a video of me faffing about in the studio. This is the first thing I did when I arrived there on Tuesday at noon - pre-warm up, pre-anything. This is a good example of how I like to work often - it's essentially stream of consciousness with movement, so you see a lot of recurring patterns and where my brain wants to go. Once in a while the vague notions you can see repeated manage to coalesce in my brain which translates into a fully realised movement. It's fun to watch back and go 'oh I can use that'. Track is Open Your Eyes by School Of Seven Bells. Here is another one from later that afternoon with a bit more purpose and intent. Track is Inpouring by Holy Other. I've been playing around with this for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment