Thursday, October 22, 2015

A retrospective of my past year, ish, in the music that defined it

I'd encourage anyone reading this list to listen to as many tracks as they can cos I have a pretty broad spectrum of things I love although maybe lean heavier towards electro-y artists on the key tracks list because hey those are the ones I'm discovering at the most rapid rate. Just how it is right now. But really at least try the tracks by the key artists I've named below...I guarantee you'll find something you like. Also Harvard by Diet Cig always makes me grin.

Key tracks:

Time Will Tell - Blood Orange
Claret - Sophie
They All Want You/Hold On We're Going Home/The Habit/Pursuit of Happiness - Lissie
Say My Name - Odesza
Harvard - Diet Cig
These Arms/Lazarus - Active Child
Don't Wanna Fight - Alabama Shakes
Pedestrian At Best - Courtney Barnett
Red - Mt. Wolf
Drive - Marissa Nadler
Water Slides - Mew
Makes a King - The Very Best
Life Coach - Fang Island
Chandelier - Sia
Meet Me In The Park - evan^patrick
Cold Nites - How To Dress Well
Ego Free Sex Free - Autre Ne Veut
It's Not Right but It's Okay - Chrvches
Broken Blue - Hundred Waters
The Right Type - Chromeo
Distance - Emily King
Think I Need It Too - Echo and the Bunnymen
Oblivion - M83 ft Susan Sondstrøm
Gutter - Baeb Rxxth
Geneva - Kindness
Don't You Worry/Night Bus - Lucy Rose
Float On - Modest Mouse
Nothing Even Matters - Lauryn Hill
EarthEE - THEESatisfaction
Soul on Fire - Spiritualized
Beside You - Van Morrison
Cigarettes and Coffee - Otis Redding

Key artists - new favourites
Blood Orange
Sophie
THEESatisfaction
The Very Best
Courtney Barnett

Key artists - returning favourites
Lissie
Active Child
Modest Mouse

Old made new -
Otis Redding
Lauryn Hill
Van Morrison
Echo and the Bunnymen

No comments:

Post a Comment