Sunday, March 1, 2015

Things I learn from Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Notice I put *learn* not *learned*...because my devotion is continuous, the learning is a current process not a completed task.

In case you hadn't noticed in which case WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, I looooove Buffy.  I will never get tired of it.  I love everything about it.  I'm trying very hard not to go into specific detail as to why because we'll be here all night long.

So I'll get to it.  The teachings of BTVS.

  1. Even in the midst of bad times when you have a lot on your plate and don't know how you'll ever get it all done (for example, the Apocalypse) you should make a point of spending time with friends, relaxing, going out and having fun
'How can anyone think about their social life? We are about to fight the original primal Evil!' - Rupert Giles




2. Everybody has their own unique qualities and gifts that they contribute.  Yours may not be immediately apparent (for example, you may not possess super human strength or be a werewolf) and they might take a while to kick in even, but everyone has them.


3. Related to the above ^^ Sarcasm is hilarious.  End of story.

4. When you are going to be doing some kind of physical activity, maybe dress appropriately



5. Don't be a hero - sometimes standing back is the better thing to do

6. Celebrate the small victories

7. Question the established order
 

8. Kind of similar to #1 - find the humour in every situation however dark and doom-y (see #1 APOCALYPSE)






9. If you sometimes feel like the most awkward ridiculous person in the known Universe, you are not alone




...Ok to be quite frank I no longer care about the profound life lessons we could all learn from the Scooby Gang...and I've seen so many Buffy GIFS that I love I'm just going to put them all here for my own funsies! Ha!










BUFFY: WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? FIVE WORDS OR LESS
SPIKE:



BTVS understands how I feel about life on a regular basis:





Errr....how is this not awesome and rad?


And narly.


Snort.




No comments:

Post a Comment