Thursday, April 24, 2014

Aaand the aftermath

Well, I am one happy happy bunny.  What a wonderful Birthday.

After spending my morning in my new Moominjamas doing my nails and Skyping, I went down to Greenwich Avenue for the much-talked about fish and chips.  Ruth met me there and had her first fish and chip experience (small pollock and a chip butty absolutely drowned in vinegar).  And we went next door to meet Charles and Anel and have pudding.  Also Lauren was our waitress which is a joy and everyone who has her as a waitress is dead lucky, she's a one-woman show.  I had treacle sponge with much custard and a pot of Earl Grey, AND Lauren surprised with a cream tea with a candle and my friends led the rest of the patrons in singing Happy Birthday.  I definitely teared up a little bit.

When we were thoroughly stuffed and almost nodding off from all the cakey things we made a move, everyone had places to be so I went by myself to find some new shoes.  Because honestly I have five pairs of shoes that are not falling to pieces and four of them are high heels so, that's no good! I found a cracking pair of navy Doc Martens in Buffalo Exchange, done.  I then went home to take a disco nap and drop off the things I accumulated (pressies!).  And then we went out out out! And I was snug in bed by...6am.
Merherher

Myself, Lauren, Maite, Lola and Natalia went to a bar in the East Village where we sat and had drinks and told awful jokes, then we moved to one of my favourite places Otto's Shrunken Head, a tiki-themed bar that plays groovy surf rock/two tone/rockabilly and has shrunken heads behind the bar and fairy lights on the ceiling.  And we had fun in the photobooth they have in the back, and made friends with some other patrons.  And then the smart people went home and myself and Lola went with new friends to Manitoba's, a notorious punk dive bar in Alphabet City (where we found another photobooth...oh dear).

It was a great day, a great night and today the sun is shining, I have a stock of cake and chocolate and I am being very quiet and folding clothes in my Moominjamas...ahhhhh.

Ruth, Charles and Anel joining me for tea

Found a photobooth...

Save the date

Naty getting psyched

Errrr....

Surprise cream tea!

Birthday cake breakfast

Such special friends 
Treacle sponge

Camouflage

In Cod We Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment