Friday, November 8, 2013

Contentment: Part II

I will have to do a real post soon and not just these little cheating ones but it has been a ridiculously busy week and Lauren's coming round in a bit and I've GOT to clean up the kitchen after the cooking marathon I just had.

I just made:
Parsnip and carrot soup
Lentil tomato kale soup
Kale, beetroot, broccoli, pea and butternut squash salad with brown rice and lemon tahini dressing (thank you Starbucks for the idea)
Coconut, banana, chocolate, oat and almond butter freezer bars
Apricot, raisin, cranberry, almond butter and flaxseed fridge bars

And a big mess.

I have watched several episodes of Vicar of Dibley whilst enjoying the culinary hurricane...I can't decide if I'm delighted or alarmed that that program really does make me feel at home...because it is just like at home...like, really really way too similar...female vicar (at W. Meon) dotty old chaps, dotty village lass (not sure who that corresponds too, worrying feeling it could be me) very blunt farmer, local moneyed Tory, dogs everywhere...the only difference is that in the villages of the stretch of Hants between Petersfield and Winch...we have multiples of each of those characters.  Multiples.  I never need to try and explain home life again.

Cooking + Dibley is the reason for contentment #2 in case that wasn't clear.

Happy days!
xxxxxxxxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment